Who doesn’t want a great deal? With Orange County being one of the most expensive counties in the nation to live in, we know you want to keep your costs low, so we’ve got some tips that will help you find great deals on items for your home. Here’s a list of a few ways to get a great deal. Some come from Better Homes & Gardens Magazine, and some are courtesy of our Costa Mesa Realtors at Torelli Realty.
1. Now that it’s summertime, it’s sale-time! Here are some tips for key sale times for household items:
-appliances go on sale holiday weekends
-cookware goes on sale in May, June, and December
-electronics go on sale in Spring & early summer (as well as Black Friday & Cyber Monday)
-personal computers go on sale in August & December
-patio furniture goes on sale after Labor Day (though you might all ready be able to find hot summer deals!)
-paint is on sale during the summer
-mattresses can be found on sale May-August
3. For all you garage sale and auction fans, sign up at estatesales.net for updates in your area. (And go ahead and mark your calendar for the next Torelli Realty sponsored garage sale on Saturday, July 17, 2010 in South Coast Metro.)
4. You can often find great deals on ShopGoodwill.com for home décor items and items for the house.
6. Home décor rule – pick pieces with the fewest materials and embellishments when you shop for home décor at discount stores. Classic and simple looks clean and tasteful. (Tip: This is the best way to stage a home so that it will appeal to the broadest range of buyers.)
7. Shop for scratch and dent items. You can buy appliances off the showroom floor for less. Or you can check out the “secret” section at Ikea for items that need a little love (back behind the registers – you never know what you’ll find!)
About Torelli Realty: Torelli Realty is proud to represent Costa Mesa real estate. We’ve been meeting the needs of Costa Mesa home buyers & sellers since 1984. Torelli Realty deals with Costa Mesa homes, Costa Mesa apartments, Costa Mesa rentals, Costa Mesa property management, and offers home improvement and home staging tips to help your home’s value throughout Costa Mesa and in Mesa Verde. We also have an expert on staff, Holly Schwartz, who came to us as a producer from Home and Garden Television (HGTV) and extensively studied the most effective home staging techniques, as well as home values and markets locally and nationally. Torelli Realty is also an expert in Costa Mesa short sales and Orange County short sales. Feel free to contact Torelli Realty for a consultation and for all your real estate needs.