Mesa Del Mar is a great Costa Mesa neighborhood located just south of the 405 between Fairview & Newport Boulevard and in between Baker Street & Arlington Drive.
We recently interviewed one of biggest advocates for Mesa Del Mar we know – Costa Mesa City Councilwoman Katrina Foley. She has lived the neighborhood for 14 years and is currently living in her second Mesa Del Mar home. Here are 11 of Katrina’s favorite things about her neighborhood:
Katrina Foley’s Top 11:
- The friendly neighbors
- Wonderful schools… Sonora Elementary has an amazing performing arts program (among other programs!), the Davis Magnet School has impressive science, technology and math programs, and Costa Mesa High School has an array of outstanding programs like the band, cheer team, choir, business academy, all the sports teams, and so much more.
- An abundance of parks. There’s the Bark Park for dogs, Volcom Skate Park, softball fields, tennis, soccer, even a lake!
- Cool shopping areas like the Anti-Mall, The Lab, and SoBeCa are right here, and South Coast Plaza is about a mile away.
- There are a variety of restaurants… from Mexican food, to sushi, to pizza, to Italian food… And for a more upscale night out you can go to the wine bar Onotria. All of these places are within walking distance… Plus there are plenty of other great places to eat nearby.
- Every year the Mesa Del Mar Homeowner Association hosts a 4th of July Bike Parade and a Luau where community spirit reaches record highs… These events are a well-known neighborhood tradition.
- The location is central to everything – easy access to all the major freeways (The 405 Freeway, the 55 Freeway, and the 73 Freeway are accessible here) and the neighborhood is still just a short drive to the beach.
- Residents can walk anywhere, even the grocery store! On top of that, the streets are safe for pedestrians and children as long as they are pay attention.
- It’s a golf cart community. Lots of people in Mesa Del Mar use golf carts to drive through the neighborhood – cool! Since Costa Mesa has 3 golf courses, this is convenient.
- You can walk to the Orange County Fair!
- Mesa Del Mar’s Washers Team is the City Champion!
There’s a lot more to add to this list and if you have anything else you’d like to add please comment below. Torelli Realty thanks to Katrina Foley for her time and knowledge!