Costa Mesa Non-Profit Working Wardrobes
Costa Mesa non-profits are a very important resource for the community. We recently had a chance to form a partnership with Working Wardrobes, located in Costa Mesa. What is Working Wardrobes? Founded 20 years ago by Jerri Rosen, the mission of the organization is to “empower men, women and young adults in crises to confidently enter the workforce through career development and wardrobe services.” The center does a wonderful job of providing job skills and programs through a host of services. There are plenty of things we as a community can do to help Working Wardrobes achieve its goals.
– The donation center needs gently-used donations that are clean and on hangers. Please make sure the clothing is work-friendly – both professional and casual attire is needed. They have a donation center open six days a week from 10-2…And in an effort to help Working Wardrobes we are happy to pick up clothing from your home if you contact us and the clothing is ready to go. They need clothing for men, women, and young adults.
– Jerri Rosen said that, “Accessories are just as important!” Bring on the jewelry, scarves, and more!
– Men’s belts and shoes that are in good shape are a high demand item… Clean out your closets!
– Their Working Wardrobes Thrift Shop in Anaheim accepts used household items, sporting goods, books and small furniture items like lamps, coffee tables, and artwork that they resell and use the money to fund the organization… So don’t throw it out when you can give it away and help others in need. Apply the law of ‘reuse.’ Working Wardrobes also has three upscale resale shops called The Hanger where the public is invited to shop at these stores as well. There are locations in Brea, Laguna Niguel, and Tustin… we’ll give you coupons if you’d like to check it out so let us know!
– The center also is in need of stuffed animals to give to clients so they have something for their children.J
Volunteering & Fundraising News
Working Wardrobes is a great place to volunteer any day of the week and for special events – both fundraisers and client service events. Community service hours for teens can easily be done in a variety of ways.
They also do unique fundraisers like Baubles, Bangles & Bags to raise money. The event was a smashing success – very classy and fun!
The “OC” Alley is Coming on September 15!
A really fun event that is coming up September 15 – The “OC” Alley. For a $25 ticket donation, anyone can go to the event at the Wyndham Orange County and check out 25 unique boutiques that are offering special deals for Early bird Christmas shopping (or for your own pleasure). Plus complimentary food, wine, and parking will be provided… So for the cost of the ticket you are all ready getting a fabulous deal! They will also be accepting donations during this event. What a cool “Happy Hour!” Make sure to sign up soon and invite your friends.
About Torelli Realty: Torelli Realty is proud to represent Costa Mesa real estate. We’ve been meeting the needs of Costa Mesa home buyers & sellers since 1984. Torelli Realty deals with Costa Mesa homes, Costa Mesa apartments, Costa Mesa rentals, Costa Mesa property management, and offers home improvement and home staging tips to help your home’s value throughout Costa Mesa and in Mesa Verde. We also have an expert on staff, Holly Schwartz, who came to us as a producer from Home and Garden Television (HGTV) and extensively studied the most effective home staging techniques, as well as home values and markets locally and nationally. Torelli Realty is also an expert in Costa Mesa short sales and Orange County short sales. Feel free to contact Torelli Realty for a consultation and for all your real estate needs.
Company License #: 00878443 – Valerie Torelli License #: 00668297