Home décor in the autumn is different than summertime décor. As the temperature drop, the days shorten, and the leaves change color, we often choose to reflect nature in the way we decorate our home. With every new season there are new trends. What’s trendy for Fall 2010? Here’s some tips from the Styled, Staged and Sold blog.
1. Go vintage. Accessories like candleholders and decorative pieces and wall sconces are a great touch. Plus reusing old treasures is a great way to repurpose items! There are many cool vintage shops in the OC like: Castle Anqtiques on 18th St. in Costa Mesa, Old Newport Antiques on Old Newport Blvd., and Timeless Antiques in Laguna Beach on PCH.
Credit Suat Eman
2. Use artwork. The art shouldn’t be matched up as a set but should rather complement each other. Also, the art should be something you love and find beauty in. You can find art you like on the Internet or exploring art galleries. A couple of local ones are: Art Gallery International at 1500 Adams Ave. in Costa Mesa and Peter J. Art Gallery in Newport Beach.
3. Pick bold accessories or rugs. They can accent the spirit of the season and holidays. Neutral wall colors are still key and bold accents are a wonderful way to inject a fun punch of color.
4. Bye-bye bulkiness! Bulky furniture pieces add clutter to the home. Whenever we go into a home to list it for sale we instruct sellers about how to declutter the space. If possible, big furniture is relegated to an out of the way area so buyers can see the size of the room for what it is.
5. So long karate chop! The days of karate chopping your pillows in the middle are gone. In fact if you look at pictures of pillows that have been “fluffed” like this, they end up looking lumpy and unattractive.
About Torelli Realty: Torelli Realty is proud to represent Costa Mesa real estate. We’ve been meeting the needs of Costa Mesa home buyers & sellers since 1984. Torelli Realty deals with Costa Mesa homes, Costa Mesa apartments, Costa Mesa rentals, Costa Mesa property management, and offers home improvement and home staging tips to help your home’s value throughout Costa Mesa and in Mesa Verde. We also have an expert on staff, Holly Schwartz, who came to us as a producer from Home and Garden Television (HGTV) and extensively studied the most effective home staging techniques, as well as home values and markets locally and nationally. Torelli Realty is also an expert in Costa Mesa short sales and Orange County short sales. Feel free to contact Torelli Realty for a consultation and for all your real estate needs.
SHORT SALE WEBSITE
TWITTER – FACEBOOK – COMPANY BLOG
Company License #: 00878443 – Valerie Torelli License #: 00668297